Silver Lining for the Needy Initiative (SLNI) is an indigenous non- profit Organization established in 2009 to promote the spread of humanitarian aid amongst the impoverished through its broad spectrum of projects and activities.
Founded on the belief that everyone has a right to good health and better standards of living, our activities focus on community development with an emphasis on alleviating the inequalities in health and social status affecting the less privileged of our society including women, orphans and vulnerable children.
Our overall goal is to ensure that no mother dies needlessly in childbirth or as a result of pregnancy related issues and that no child is denied of basic social and health rights. Over the past few years, we have demonstrated unprecedented success in delivering awareness, education and other social and health interventions at the community level in various states in Nigeria.
Our vision is to see a Nigerian society where poverty and its concomitants including hunger, illiteracy,
ignorance and squalor, which characterize the lives of majority of the country’s rural population are
substantially reduced if not completely eradicated.
To work towards improving the quality of life of the rural poor and disadvantaged populations and communities in a holistic manner (physically, socially and economically) with emphasis on the physical and social empowerment of women.
The people we serve in the communities are our key beneficiaries; all our programs and activities are
centered on their well-being and development. Our goal is to improve the lives of the poor,
disadvantaged and vulnerable, especially women and children through initiatives that limit social
injustice and discrimination.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Human rights and justice – All of our work is based on respect for the inherent worth and dignity of all people, and the rights that follow from this understanding.
- Transparency and accountability: We provide access to clear, accurate and up-to- date information.
- Sustainability: We educate and empower volunteers, our networks and the
- communities we serve. We believe that the benefits of our work will be enduring.
- Cooperation and partnership: We endeavour to create a shared voice, working together in a manner that enables us to achieve our shared goals and reach our targets.